- 1 Location Scout FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) Updated Frequently
- 2 For Production Personnel:
- 3 For Property Owners:
- 4 For All:
- 5 For Aspiring Location Scouts / Location Managers:
- 6 Wikipedia Articles:
- 7 Yahoo Answers: Location Scout vs Location Manager?
- 8 About Location Scout R. Richard Hobbs | nyc.locationscout.us
- 9 News: Location Scout R. Richard Hobbs – nyc.locationscout.us is now accepting Visa / Master Card (MC) / American Express (AMEX).
Location Scout FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) Updated Frequently
What follows are un-ordered lists of links to written articles and info on the subjects of location scouting, location management, general production and business, of likely interest to production personnel and property owners as well as aspiring location scouts and location managers:
For Production Personnel:
- Information For Production Personnel
- nyc.locationscout.us Invoicing and Payment Policies for Location Scouting, Location Management and Other Production Services
- Location Research Guide
- Location Request Questionnaire
- How David Airey, Graphic Designer Responds to Spec Work Requests
- Guidelines For Conducting Business Between Location Services and Location Professionals – (…via locationscout.com)
- Information Every Film Production Coming to New York City Needs
- Location Scouting and PreProduction Tips: VideoMaker.com
- Location Scouting Resident / Business Notification Letter
- Northeast U.S. Location Scouts / Location Managers
- Midwest U.S. Location Scouts / Location Managers
- ATTN – International Crews: Get Your Production Insurance in Order!
- New York City DOT – Truck Routes + Other Useful Traffic Links
For Property Owners:
- Info For Property Owners – Your Property As a Film / Photo / Video Location
- Information For Property Owners
- A Property Owner’s Guide to Filming Locations – via New Hampshire Film and Television Office (pdf)
- Info for Property Owners – Who Can I Contact to List My Location?
- For Property Owners: Photo Tips
- How to Shoot a (Location) Photo File
- EHow: How to Rent Your Home for a Movie or Catalog Shoot
- 25 Mile NYC Film Zone Map
- Movie Maker Magazine Article Finding A Great Location
- NYC Film Office Pages Links
- Film Office Directories | Be sure to visit www.afci.org
- Rockland Magazine Article About Local Movie Homes and Location Scouts
- Location Scouting Property Releases
- Sample Location Contract
- About Film Permits
- About Location Scout R. Richard Hobbs
- Location Department and Production Glossaries of Terms
- Great FAQ Page / Maryland Film Office
- Transportation / Transit Links – via Mashable
- Get In Media: Location Scout – info if you are considering a career as a location scout in TV and Film
- nyc.locationscout.us | Starting out in Location Scouting
- Location Works | How to Become a Location Manager
- Budget Travel Online | How Location Scout Kevin Hodder Got His Awesome Job
- Go For Locations | Go For Resources | Getting Started in the Film Industry
- ScoutingNY: Is The New York Film Academy Worth The Money? A Few Thoughts
- Wikipedia: Film (local)Wikipedia: Film
- Wikipedia: Film Production (local)Wikipedia: Film Production
- Wikipedia: Filming Location (local)Wikipedia: Filming Location
- Wikipedia: Location Manager (local)Wikipedia: Location Manager
- Wikipedia: Location Scouting (local)Wikipedia: Location Scouting
Yahoo Answers: Location Scout vs Location Manager?
– Yahoo Answers: In film, is there a difference between a location scout and a location manager? | and if so what is it that each of them do? | Jamie Starr
Best Answer – Chosen by Voters
By Mark M
Yes, there is a difference. Location Scouts research various local and distant locations to meet the criteria of settings that are in the script.
Location Scouting + Location Management for film, photography, tv+video + CGi / HDRi + event production.
News: Location Scout R. Richard Hobbs – nyc.locationscout.us is now accepting Visa / Master Card (MC) / American Express (AMEX).
We now accept major credit cards for payment for location scouting, location management and production services via Paypal! Please note that discounted rates for cash / check payment will not apply.
We also accept bank wire transfer payments – domestic or international. Any bank fees incurred are the responsibility of and and must be paid by client.