- 1 Location scout resources for the southeastern U.S. State of Florida
- 2 Location Scout Resource: State of Florida Governor’s Office of Film and Entertainment
- 3 Location Scout Resource: Film Broward (Broward County, Florida Film Office)
- 4 Hollywood prizes reputation as `film-friendly city' – MiamiHerald.com
- 5 Possibly filming locations in Florida
- 6 Kewl Photo / Film Location Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 7 Miami Today | Filming in Miami
- 8 Possible Filming Locations in Miami:
- 9 Florida at Amazon
- 10 Broward County Florida at Amazon
- 11 Dade County Florida at Amazon
- 12 Palm Beach County Florida at Amazon
Location scout resources for the southeastern U.S. State of Florida
including film office information and other data of interest to location scouts, location managers and other production personnel.
I lived, went to Art School and worked in South Florida for about 8 years from around 1983 to 1991. I lived and spent lots of time in NE Florida in different areas from Jacksonville south to Orlando and in the Florida Panhandle (NW Florida) in high school, so… yep. I know my way around Florida pretty good!
Location Scout Resource: State of Florida Governor’s Office of Film and Entertainment
The Capitol, Suite 2001 | Tallahassee, FL 32399 | 877.FLA.FILM | 818.508.7772
About Us: Vision & Mission
The Governor’s Office of Film & Entertainment
The Governor’s Office of Film & Entertainment is the state’s economic development program for the development and expansion of the motion picture and entertainment industry sectors. Our role encompasses many activities, such as attracting and promoting film and video production in Florida, facilitating access to filming locations by eliminating bureaucratic “red-tape,” serving as a liaison between the industry and government entities, and marketing the state as a world-class production center.
Location Scout Resource: Film Broward (Broward County, Florida Film Office)
- Assistance in obtaining permits where needed
- Assistance in finding accommodations
- Assistance with site tours and location suggestions
- Assistance in contacting local, state and federal agencies
- Crew and production service referrals
- Still photography and video
- Local contacts and introductions
- We provide a Preferred Production Pass (P3) for your executives and crew, with access to special values and offers from more than 50 local vendors, during your stay. Visit sunny.org/p3 for details.
Broward County is a county located in the U.S. state of Florida. As of 2010, the population was 1,748,066; making it the second most populated county in the state. Its county seat is Fort Lauderdale.
It is also the eighteenth most populous county in the United States and one of three counties that comprise the South Florida metropolitan area.
Possibly filming locations in Florida
Kewl Photo / Film Location Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tropical masterpiece short term rental in Las Olas, Fort Lauderdale, FL
A Masterpiece of artistic style and design. This home was created by the French artist Laurin in 1994. The artist created a contemporary tropical paradise by combining the natural elements mahogany and stone with stainless steel and ceramic tile to create an atmosphere of high style and maximum comfort. Look for the orchids in the trees. Walk to Beach and Las Olas Boulevard shops.
Unfortunately the film / photo location listing seems to have expired 🙁
I used live in Fort Lauderdale, and can tell you the East Las Olas Boulevard area is one of the poshest stretches in the area, especially downtown in Fort Lauderdale, east of US1 and the homes on the “isles” as you take Las Olas east toward the beach – (Las Olas Boulevard terminates at Rt. A1A which is a beachfront thruway…)
South Beach in Miami Beach seems to get a lot of the bigtime publicity (maybe its better this way? 😉 and Miami certainly has some elegant and exotic locales as well – maybe I’m sentimental… I always liked Las Olas 🙂
Filming in Miami is the only compilation of motion picture, television, still and commercial shoots in Greater Miami. Shoots are listed by licensing jurisdiction.