Who we are
Our website address is: https://nyc.locationscout.us.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Smush sends images to the WPMU DEV servers to optimize them for web use. This includes the transfer of EXIF data. The EXIF data will either be stripped or returned as it is. It is not stored on the WPMU DEV servers.
Smush uses a third-party email service (Drip) to send informational emails to the site administrator. The administrator’s email address is sent to Drip and a cookie is set by the service. Only administrator information is collected by Drip.
Location Scout Copyright Policy Notice – Copyright © 1998-2012 Location Scout R. Richard Hobbs | nyc.locationscout.us
Ownership of copyright
The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is owned by R. Richard Hobbs | nyc.locationscout.us
R. Richard Hobbs | nyc.locationscout.us grants to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable license to:
- view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory; and
- print pages from this website for your own [personal and non-commercial] use.
R. Richard Hobbs | nyc.locationscout.us does not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without R. Richard Hobbs | nyc.locationscout.us prior written permission.
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by emailing us via our contact form or by postal mail at 244 5th Ave., New York, NY 10001.
Enforcement of copyright
R. Richard Hobbs | nyc.locationscout.us takes the protection of its copyright very seriously.
If R. Richard Hobbs | nyc.locationscout.us discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, R. Richard Hobbs | nyc.locationscout.us may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of R. Richard Hobbs | nyc.locationscout.us copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by emailing us via our contact form or by postal mail at 244 5th Ave., New York, NY 10001.
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person’s copyright, please report this by emailing us via our contact form or by postal mail at 244 5th Ave., New York, NY 10001.
About this copyright notice
Invoicing / Payment Policies for Location Scout, Location Manager and other Production Services
Location Scout R. Richard Hobbs – nyc.locationscout.us are as follows:
- Payment for any invoice for Location Scouting, Location Management Services and other Production services is due and payable immediately upon receipt. We accept checks, cash, credit cards and electronic payments. Any associated bank fees must be paid by client.
- Wages or fees for additional crew, props, services or any other financial or labor liability must be advanced and paid prior to shoot. This also includes any location fees to property owners, production insurance or local film or photo permit fees.
- Any local film or photo permit fees and insurance requirements are the responsibility of production. Compliance with local film or photo permits or insurance requirements are mandatory and the responsibility of production.
- Internationally based clients are required to pay invoices immediately upon shoot wrap and before homeward departure.Additionally, an additional, refundable cash deposit may be required.
Welcome to NO!SPEC
The NO!SPEC campaign: Serves as a vehicle to unite those who support the notion that spec work devalues the potential of design and ultimately does a disservice to the client.
Our mission: To educate the public about speculative, or “spec” work.
Our target: Those who use creative services, as well as creative professionals (designers, photographers, illustrators, typographers, writers and those in marketing, branding and advertising).
What you can do: Read NO!SPEC’s Protocols. Place a "NO!SPEC" logo on your site. Sign the NO!SPEC petition. Distribute the "NO!SPEC" posters. Contact us with your thoughts, comments, articles and insights.
Requirements: The only requirement for participation is putting the appropriate value on your profession.
Location Scout Office Hours
- Normal office hours are 9:00am to 6:00pm EST Monday thru Friday, excluding most major holidays.
- Our Location Scout R. Richard Hobbs – Locamundo Location Portfolio / Location Library is available for browsing 24 / 7.
- Email, including necessary info we need from you is the best avenue of correspondence regarding inquiries about existing locations from our location library.
- After-hours business calls and email will be addressed the following business day as may be appropriate.
- Property owners: make property available (List a Location)
Location Scout R. Richard Hobbs – nyc.locationscout.us Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on nyc.locationscout.us’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on nyc.locationscout.us’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by nyc.locationscout.us at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on nyc.locationscout.us’s web site are provided “as is”. nyc.locationscout.us makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, nyc.locationscout.us does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall nyc.locationscout.us or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on nyc.locationscout.us’s Internet site, even if nyc.locationscout.us or a nyc.locationscout.us authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on nyc.locationscout.us’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. nyc.locationscout.us does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. nyc.locationscout.us may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. nyc.locationscout.us does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
nyc.locationscout.us has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by nyc.locationscout.us of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to nyc.locationscout.us’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.