- 1 Location scout resources for the state of Michigan
- 2 Location Scout Resource: Michigan Film Office
- 3 Location Scout Resource: Detroit, Michigan Film Office
- 4 Comedian Schneider to shoot film in Detroit – Detroit Free Press
- 5 Possibly Film Locations in the Detroit, MI Area
- 6 Location Scout Spotlight: Metro Detroit MI – Metro Detroit cities cutting red tape for moviemakers – Detroit Free Press
- 7 More Possibly Film Locations in the Detroit, MI Area
- 8 Alternate ending for Michigan's film incentives? – MLive.com
- 9 Location Scout Spotlight: Detroit Building EXPLODES!
- 10 Detroit, MI – Wikipedia
- 11 Detroit MI at Amazon
- 12 State’s movie role pays off – Detroit News
- 13 Hollywood on the Huron: Michigan now a film mecca – Los Angeles Times
- 14 Just checking – MLive.com – Michigan Film Office
- 15 Michigan – Wikipedia
- 16 Library lights up for Hollywood crew – Observer & Eccentric
- 17 Michigan at Amazon
- 18 Detroit MI at Amazon
Location scout resources for the state of Michigan
including film office info and other data of interest to location scouts and location managers as well as other production personnel.
Location Scout Resource: Michigan Film Office
The Michigan Film Office was created in 1979 to assist and attract incoming production companies and to promote the growth of our indigenous industry. We are part of the History, Arts and Libraries Department and funded by tax dollars.
- The Michigan Film Office has recently instated aggressive tax incentives to attract production to the the state which include a 40% tax cash rebate, across the board on Michigan expeditures as well as other attractive incentives.
Location Scout Resource: Detroit, Michigan Film Office
The City of Detroit has become a popular place for special events and film and productions. Detroit offers beautiful lakefronts, picturesque landscapes and inviting cultural attractions, matched with an urban flare that can make your project exciting and unique.
WEST BLOOMFIELD — HBO, the cable network known for its edgy programming with shows like “The Sopranos” and “Six Feet Under,” has set its sights here for a future possible TV show. HBO is filming a pilot at a home on Middle Straits Lake about a man …
… Male Gigolo" and "Saturday Night Live" ) will be on location in Detroit starting Monday to begin shooting the feature film comedy "Virgin on Bourbon …
Extras Needed for Rob Schneider Film WWJ Movie Starring Rob Schneider Looking For Extras WDIV all 7 news articles
Possibly Film Locations in the Detroit, MI Area
Location Scout Spotlight: Metro Detroit MI – Metro Detroit cities cutting red tape for moviemakers – Detroit Free Press
The Michigan Film Office estimates studios have spent $400 million since April on hotel rooms, crew salaries, equipment and other location expenses. …
More Possibly Film Locations in the Detroit, MI Area
"My bill says, let's put a cap on it at $100 million, so the Film Office can award these up to a certain point in a calendar year, then they have to stop. …
- Michigan's movie role pays off DetNews.com
- all 5 news articles
Location Scout Spotlight: Detroit Building EXPLODES!
…via Livingston (MI) Daily: ‘Red Dawn’ remake shoots scenes in Genoa Township (with video)
Detroit is the largest city in the U.S. state of Michigan, and the seat of Wayne County. It is the major city among the primary cultural, financial, and transportation centers in the Metro Detroit area, a region of 5.2 million people, and serves as a major port on the Detroit River connecting the Great Lakes system to the Saint Lawrence Seaway. It was founded on July 24, 1701, by the French explorer, adventurer, and nobleman Antoine de la Mothe, sieur de Cadillac.
State’s movie role pays off – Detroit News
Brian Meganck is a big movie fan. Not of watching them, necessarily. Of making them. In Michigan. A few years ago, as the number of commercials shooting in Michigan began fading, Meganck had to move his business Kind Services, which provides drinks …
"The response has been magnificent," says Anthony Wenson, chief operating officer for the Michigan Film Office. "We've not only brought dollars into the …
Michigan is a state located in the Great Lakes region of the Midwestern United States. The name Michigan is the French form of the Ojibwa word mishigamaa, meaning “large water” or “large lake”. Michigan is the 8th most populous of the 50 United States, with the 11th most extensive total area. Its capital is Lansing, and the largest city is Detroit. Michigan was admitted into the Union on January 26, 1837, as the 26th state.
Michigan has the longest freshwater coastline of any political subdivision in the world, being bounded by four of the five Great Lakes, plus Lake Saint Clair. Michigan is one of the leading U.S. states for recreational boating. The state has 64,980 inland lakes and ponds. A person in the state is never more than six miles (9.7 km) from a natural water source or more than 85 miles (137 km) from a Great Lakes horeline. It is the largest state by total area east of the Mississippi River.
The crew spent 1 1/2 days using the lobby and conference room as the setting for a film set in the headquarters of a fictitious auto parts company, explained David Rumble, location manager who recommended the Southfield Library because, with a few props, it looked like a big time meeting room. …