- 1 Location Scout resources for the Boro of Brooklyn (New York City, NY) neighborhood of Williamsburg
- 2 See also: Location Scout Resource: Brooklyn
- 3 Grand Theater, Williamsburg, Brooklyn – Cinema Treasures
- 4 Location Scout Quoted: Brooklyn Paper: City yells “Cut!” on filming in South Williamsburg
- 5 Music Video: Williamsburg Video Location Will Oldham Horror
- 6 Jeffrey Lewis – Wikipedia
- 7 Amazon Jeffrey Lewis Store
- 8 Location Scout Video – FPSFest
- 9 FPS Fest – film.photo.synthesis – FPS Fest – Film.photo.synthesis
Location Scout resources for the Boro of Brooklyn (New York City, NY) neighborhood of Williamsburg
including references, news and other information of use to location scouts, location managers and other production personnel.
See also: Location Scout Resource: Brooklyn
Location scout resources for the New York, NY Boro of Brooklyn at-large, including news, information and references of interest to location scouts, location managers and other production personnel.
The Grand Theatre was opened in late-1913. It showed B-movies and serials in the 1940’s. It closed in the 1960’s, it is now a a McDonald’s restaurant.
Location Scout Quoted: Brooklyn Paper: City yells “Cut!” on filming in South Williamsburg
“…A lot of people tend to be a little bit over territorial, but what they don’t realize is that if they can deal with just a little bit of trouble, it will do their neighborhood and the city a whole lot of good,” said location scout Richard Hobbs, who claims that film crews can be a boon for local businesses.
“There are always going to be sensitive areas in the city, but the good thing is that this a big city”, Hobbs added.
“If Williamsburg is on the hot list right now, you go somewhere else.”
Music Video: Williamsburg Video Location Will Oldham Horror
- Jeffrey Lewis’s Williamsburg Will Oldham Horror
- As published on Director Mark Locke’s website (higher res)
Jeffrey Lewis (born November 20, 1975 in New York City) is an American singer/songwriter and comic book artist.
In addition to generally being a very fun-to-watch music video, it’s also very kewl that it was filmed locally around New York City and Brooklyn / Williamsburg, familiar filming / video locations abound!
- Jeff Lewis Band Feed
- Music trivia- video features a cameo appearance by legendary NYC cult band, Fugs member, the late Tuli Kupferberg
Location Scout Video – FPSFest
- All content (c) copyright R. Richard Hobbs | www.nyc.locationscout.us. | Category: Travel & Events
- Big thanks to Tony Gale for helping out with lighting on the Modosteady sequences 🙂
FPS Fest – film.photo.synthesis – FPS Fest – Film.photo.synthesis
FPS Fest is a film screening event that explores the transition from still photography to motion. The once separate industries of still photography and motion filmmaking are intersecting across a number of realms; from new technology to new demands from clients, today’s image makers are finding a new world in motion. FPS Fest provides information and stimulation about technology, techniques, and strategies to take on the future of a changing industry.